1/01/2012

Beach Moon/Peach Moon inspired video




"Maybe it’s because ‘beach’ is in the band name. Maybe it’s because I’ve been experiencing the Brazilian summer and I can’t help but fall in love with the ocean. Or maybe it’s because there’s something inherently nostalgic in running towards the water and fighting off the waves, repeating the same motions from when you were two but now you’re 20.

It’s really because I love this song and I love his music.

I love the way I feel when I hear his songs from the album “Half Awake Dream”. As if I were tiny, in a shell, oozing with heartfelt hopes and dreams.

I started looking for footage this morning and took so much pleasure in matching the music with the visuals. Whenever I listen to this song, I feel nostalgic with the a stirring combination of sadness for what has passed and the recognition of how amazing it was while it lasted. (Isn’t it beautiful how music can offer such subjective experiences! sound to memories to present to associations that never end.) I close my eyes and feel fifteen again, so excited for my platonic loves. My feelings had different dimensions, they were much more irrational and pure and unrealistic. Has realism/practicality shrunken my heart?

I long for the times I would float for hours and hours (or at least they seemed so) in the ocean, closing my eyes and feeling the heat of the sun penetrate my skin. Penetrating my being."

3 comments:

  1. samira?? this video is beautiful wow and I never realized how awesome this song was until watching that: "I grew up and forgot what color the world is"

    -greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a nice surprise :) It's wonderful and beatiful and perfect! I am beyond flattered, and impressed too! Things like this really help me along when I start to doubt my music, and keep me inspired to record more. Thank you :) I'm glad we share the same universe!

    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad I was able to find footage that expressed a little bit of what I felt when listening to the song. I love that line greg! I really hope we can all play together at some point or at least have an awesome jam. I'd be cool if we had a major PRR show!

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete