9/25/2011

Binghamton: BUMP

Well I can't sleep quite yet and I have BUMP on the mind so I thought I'd share here.

This year Kenny has come up to Binghamton as well so we (Kenny and Greg) are living in an awesome house in the city with a bunch of our friends from home including Jordan who is a soon to be PRR member. Jordan will hopefully be recording and releasing a solo album in the near future. But while that's in the works all 3 of us have been jamming together in the basement for a new project that I'm really excited about as it's my first time seriously leaving the guitar, and the songs so far are awesome. The project's working title is "The Midwest" but there's another band out there with the same name so ehhhh, I don't know how certain that is.

But anyway we just played our first show tonight and although you probably thought this post was about us, it's really not! In fact I'm posting here because the Midwest played a BUMP show and I think BUMP is bomber.

BUMP stands for Binghamton Underground Music Presents and it's a really cool group on campus at SUNY Binghamton who hosts a lot of really awesome, generally indie-ish shows with bands ranging from Titus Andronicus to Kaki King. AND these shows are usually free or in the case of tonight, 3 dollars (totally towards Binghamton flood relief). Anyway the point is that BUMP is really awesome and probably responsible for gathering about 95% of all the musical acts I go to see in Binghamton. It really is a music scene savior out here.

If you live in Binghamton and have chanced upon this blog take away with you this: keep up with BUMP shows and go even if you don't really dig the bands playing (cause it's always fun either way). Also they make a sick zine that they've posted on the BUMP blog with show listings in the Binghamton area (that I can't find otherwise).

stay fly internet

No comments:

Post a Comment