6/15/2012

Dubb Nubb

So I went for a second time to the Northern recently in Olympia where I went to see a bunch of bands I've never heard of before. It was, again, a really rewarding experience. I saw this band "Dubb Nubb" from St. Louis and they were awesome. 3 sisters, no mics or amps, very folky. Doing a little bit of research on them/watching them/talking to them afterward really made me feel connected to their community focused kind of music. Got me really nostalgic for home. Notably this old video from when they were in high school just reminds me of ye old days of Deafening Chromatic (for no reason in particular, just how their friends seem to be having fun): They were seriously so great, I didn't want it to end. If nothing else listen to this song: missing and loving you new york greg PS I'm playing a show (as Sonoak) at Le Voyeur in Olympia July 29th, see ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment